Tradie Mental Health Tips
Your mental well-being is just as important as your physical health. Here are some tips to remind yourself that it’s ok to not be ok:
- Give yourself permission to feel like shit, and don't feel guilty about it. You can’t be in top form all the time.
- Stop overthinking things that are out of your control.
- Work on becoming happy. Not perfect.
- And if you can’t be happy. Strive to just be ok. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
- If everything has gone to shit, try to take note of everything you’re grateful for. Even if it’s just having good mates and food in the fridge.
- Breaking news. No one thinks of you as much as you think they are, everyone’s too busy thinking about themselves. So don’t be so hard on yourself.
- Don’t burn yourself out by always looking out for others and forgetting yourself. In a plane you would put your own oxygen mask on first, right?
- Just remember your loved ones will want to help you out. Even if it means having a chat with good blokes over a stubbie, you don’t have to handle it alone.
- Don’t let other people’s chaos be your chaos
- You’re allowed to just feel what you’re feeling, you don’t need to try and be strong. Just let it happen.
- Sometimes it’s alright to just stay in bed and make time for yourself. It’s ok to have a break.
- Think of yourself as an ant. There’s over 8 billion people in the world. That’s a shit load of ants. You are just an ant, no one cares, the world has not changed because of your one mistake. Don’t over think it.
- Separate the things that are stressing you out, put them in their own boxes, and handle them one box at a time.
Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start. If you find that you or your mates have been struggling and need help please check out the awesome movement MOVEMBER . For the whole month of November, it’s the time to grow that handlebar moustache your better half always argued against. Plus raise money for male mental and physical health !