Your mental well-being is just as important as your physical health. Here are some tips to remind yourself that it’s ok to not be ok:
- Give yourself permission to feel like shit, and don't feel guilty about it. You can’t be in top form all the time.
- Stop overthinking things that are out of your control.
- Work on becoming happy. Not perfect.
- And if you can’t be happy. Strive to just be ok. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
- If everything has gone to shit, try to take note of everything you’re grateful for. Even if it’s just having good mates and food in the fridge.
- Breaking news. No one thinks of you as much as you think they are, everyone’s too busy thinking about themselves. So don’t be so hard on yourself.
- Don’t burn yourself out by always looking out for others and forgetting yourself. In a plane you would put your own oxygen mask on first, right?
- Just remember your loved ones will want to help you out. Even if it means having a chat with good blokes over a stubbie, you don’t have to handle it alone.
- Don’t let other people’s chaos be your chaos
- You’re allowed to just feel what you’re feeling, you don’t need to try and be strong. Just let it happen.
- Sometimes it’s alright to just stay in bed and make time for yourself. It’s ok to have a break.
- Think of yourself as an ant. There’s over 8 billion people in the world. That’s a shit load of ants. You are just an ant, no one cares, the world has not changed because of your one mistake. Don’t over think it.
- Separate the things that are stressing you out, put them in their own boxes, and handle them one box at a time.
Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start. If you find that you or your mates have been struggling and need help please check out the awesome movement MOVEMBER. For the whole month of November, it’s the time to grow that handlebar moustache your better half always argued against. Plus raise money for male mental and physical health!